- The company is a dynamic aerospace company that designs and manufactures electromechanical actuators and control electronics for commercial and military applications.
- Recognized as experts in the industry for over 70 years, the company is a fully integrated manufacturing company which takes responsibility for the success of business and act quickly to implement new ideas and projects to ensure company growth.
- Seeking a dynamic, results driven, experienced operations leader with a solid track record to become the new VP of Operations.
- Traditional Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) and High Deductible Medical Plan Options, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Supplemental Life, AD&D & Long-Term Disability Benefit Options
- Supplementary Accident, Hospital Indemnity and Critical Illness Insurance Options
- Health Care Flexible Spending, Limited Purpose Flexible Spending, and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan with Automatic Enrollment and Immediate Eligibility for Matching Contributions
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Onsite Work Out Room, Cafeteria, and a Tobacco-Free Campus
- Profitably grow the business and achieve quarterly and annual Operational and Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation, and Amortization (EBITDA) goals.
- Drive a culture of accountability and results through effective performance management.
- Achieve world class on-time delivery and quality performance to our customer base.
- Lead a team of 6 direct reports and approximately 110 indirect reports.
- Develop and manage operating and capital budgets to achieve annual EBITDA goals.
- Implement productivity projects to continually reduce overall costs and optimize working capital.
- Manage workforce requirements, temporary labor, and overtime to maximize labor efficiencies.
- Refine and execute processes to efficiently introduce new products into production.
- Mentor and manage direct staff and oversee talent development initiatives.
The Background Profile
- Authorization to Work in the United States
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant Technical or Business Discipline; MBA highly preferred
- 10+ years of leadership positions in manufacturing operations with budgetary and P&L responsibility (e.g. Business Unit Manager or Plant Manager)
- Experience in high complexity, low volume, high-mix aerospace and defense operations
- Demonstrated success in strategic efforts to drive consistent productivity gains
- Ability to balance long term manufacturing strategy and day-to-day execution
The Ideal Profile
- Leadership experience in a union environment
- Bias for action and ability to spontaneously recognize problems and opportunities
- Ability to drive problem resolution and follow through to completions
- Results oriented and drives to achieve both short and long-term goals
- Customer focused and driven to meet the needs of both internal and external customers
- A “hands-on” leader with the ability to successfully interface on the shop floor, senior leadership, and customers
- Ability to develop a strong network of relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) professionally to common inquiries or complaints from customers and regulatory agencies
- High degree of professionalism, detail orientation, high productivity, flexibility, and enthusiasm
- Base Salary up to $190K Commensurate with Experience, 20% Bonus Potential & 7-Digit Stock Options