- The company is a global leading manufacturer of technical adhesive tape, cables and wires, as well as cable harnessing systems.
- The company has clients from the automotive industry, and also does business with people from the electronics industry, construction and automation engineering.
- Seeking a driven Sales Specialist to perform duties related to customer acquisition for industrial applications and it’s customer service in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures based on established specifications while interacting with all disciplines of the local organization and the relevant departments of the parent company.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with high employer subsidy
- Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life & AD&D Insurance
- Long and Short Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care Reimbursement FSA & Dependent Care FSA)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- 20 Days Paid Time Off (PTO) Annually (accrues from date of hire)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Corporate YMCA Membership (free to employee and highly subsidized family memberships)
- Opportunity to Join a Rapidly Growing, Innovative, Family-Owned Business
- Culture Focused on Employee Empowerment
- Lead activities and strategies for organic growth of distributive channel sales of technical adhesive tapes and directly manage request for quotations and request for proposals (RFPs/RFQs) including managing of sales representatives.
- Present and explain products and their applications to distributive partners and their customers and analyze and discuss tape application internally.
- Manage proactive, boots on the ground recruitment of distributive channel and private label partners.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with distributive channel partners and their customer’s relevant decision makers and assure channel partner compliance with partner agreements.
- Participate in price and other contract negotiations with distributive partners, Key Accounts and other distributors while coordinating prices with headquarters and provide timely follow-up on phone calls, emails, quotations, technical inquiries, complaints, and other requests.
- Forecast levels of demand for relevant finished goods and update sales forecast on a quarterly basis.
- Provide ongoing product feedback and market updates as well as competitive analysis.
- Coordinate with Sales Order Specialists and Customer Service teams as needed, as well as relevant agents or distributors.
- Organize and participate in activities, trade shows, and customer product improvement reviews.
- Create and maintain timely regular reports to Management, including KPIs, tracking of order entry and sales on a daily and monthly basis, trip/field reports and significant meeting minutes.
- Other tasks as required/assigned by the Executive Vice President or Sales Manager Industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or relevant field
- 7-10 years of experience in distributive channel sales of adhesive tapes in industrial, building and construction markets; private label sales and distribution experience beneficial
- Technical understanding of adhesive tape applications and performance in relevant segments is a plus
- Comprehensive sales, business development (e.g. relationships with distributors), account management skills and a proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS Office and SAP beneficial
- Exceptional negotiation capabilities combined with highly persuasive communication skills
- Availability for frequent travel as required including weekends
The Ideal Profile
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high degree of flexibility and a strong sense of personal responsibility
- Proven leadership abilities
- Fluent in contract and market negotiation with customers
- Strong analytical skills and detailed orientation
- Possess “hands on” approach to all tasks
- $100,000 / Annual Base Salary