The world leader in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) patient care and innovation and producer of the first and best selling non-magnetic MRI infusion pumps and patient monitors is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to be responsible for operational readiness assurance for areas assigned.
- The company’s mission is to provide patients with the best possible products and services while pushing the boundaries of technical innovation within the MRI market.
- The company is the only known provider of non-magnetic intravenous (IV) infusion pump systems and non-magnetic patient vital signs monitors specifically designed for use during magnetic resonance imaging MRI procedures.
- Seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to serve as a bridge between Manufacturing and Engineering operations to identify, troubleshoot and solve hardware and software related problems.
- $65K – 90K / Annual Base Salary Plus Annual 5-10% Performance-Based Bonus & Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)
- Fully onsite position based in the Winter Springs, FL office
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Vision & Dental Plans
- Annual 5-10% Performance-Based Bonus
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs); Eligible after 1 Year Apx. 5-7% of Base Salary
- Annual Merit Increases
- Voluntary Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Coverage
- Disability Coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA) Eligibility
- Opportunity to Work in an Income Tax-Free State
- Proactively work to identify and resolve production issues, field failures and customer complaints in a timely manner.
- Design, develop, and supply appropriate tools, equipment, processes and documentation needed in production to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness of assembly, test and repair operations.
- Understand time/motion and modify create work instructions.
- Edit/create test methods and instructions.
- Initiate Engineering Change Notices (ENCs) and implement changes.
- Provide engineering assistance to aid in solving process-related production problems.
- Train production staff for assembly, test and repair procedures.
- Maintain comprehensive records within a rational filing system and maintain a lab book of daily work.
- Write precise technical documentation and reports.
- Create and execute IQ, OQ & PO activities for new product transfer, improvements and relocation activities.
- Develop and implement Preventative Maintenance and Calibration requirements for production equipment.
- Perform investigations for nonconforming materials and corrective actions to mitigate root causes.
- Creates and maintains equipment capacity models for areas assigned.
- Lead Operations Engineering tasks such as:
- Assure progress leading to closure for all CAPA assigned
- Develop, submit and track spending for CAPEX projects assigned
- Develop and present detailed project and issue status reports locally and to corporate leadership
- Promote a culture that minimizes waste, maximizes productivity through the use of lean manufacturing principles, associate training and feedback
- Handle miscellaneous tasks as assigned:
- Complete required training in a timely manner
- Assist other Engineering and Operations staff with their duties as requested
- Assist with other projects as requested by a member of management
- Assist in the development, implementation and attainment of Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
The Background Profile
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering (or Mechanical Engineering with Electrical Background)
- Minimum 1 year experience in Electronic Manufacturing with degree (or 4-5 years relevant experience without degree)
- Electrical engineering experience required; medical device industry experience preferred
- Strong computer knowledge, including data analysis and engineering software (e.g. AutoCAD or any CAD software)
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions with consideration of business and resource constraints
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Excellent technical problem-solving skills