A leader in commercial Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) networks is looking for a HVAC Professional to be the next addition to their team. If you have a high level of customer service and complete technical competence in HVAC and a successful track record of working independently, you might be the person we are looking for. Read the full details below.
- The company brings wide-ranging manufacturer capabilities and a dedicated network of experts committed to getting the customer’s project done right – on time and on budget.
- The company’s driving purpose is to create, adapt, and refine a nation-wide network with a local focus on the customer’s success.
- Seeking a HVAC Controls Technician to diagnose, repair and resolve HVAC mechanical, electrical, and controls problems in commercial settings.
- $30 – $55 / Hour Commensurate with Experience
- Successful candidates will spend minimal time in the office and will primarily be deployed to client sites; must be willing to be based in one of the following locations: Raleigh NC, Charlotte NC, Tampa FL, or Orlando FL
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Training
- Tooling, Computer and Vehicles Provided
- $50/Month Cell Phone Subsidy Paid Bi-Monthly
- Company-Covered Travel Expenses
- Company Provided 40+ Training Hours Per Year for Customer Service Professionals
- Learn about and be an expert with company’s HVAC product lines.
- Diagnose and repair complex control systems malfunctions requiring extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems and ability to test and write modifications in multiple languages of systems software.
- Provide solutions to others on very complex system problems by either troubleshooting or advising how to resolve problems.
- Assist in developing quotes and estimates for identified work orders and submit to the Customer, Service Manager or Customer Service Agent, as appropriate.
- Provides consultant level services for customers related to building system repairs and enhancements.
- Assist the Service Manager or Customer Service Agent with identifying and scheduling, with the correct skills and knowledge to perform repairs or installation.
- Communicate with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site.
- Keep customer informed on the nature of service provided outstanding issues and recommends system enhancements, upgrades, and or repairs.
- Ensure ultimate customer satisfaction levels with assigned customers.
- Be an escalation point for the technical resource team for critical issues.
- Conduct self-study (reading, research, and practice) to improve and maintain technical proficiency.
- Complete all training and certifications as required by the company.
- Perform other duties related to the installing, commissioning and servicing of building controls and facilities management systems and energy management systems, as assigned.
The Background Profile
- Authorized to work in the United States
- 4+ years of experience in commercial HVAC and electrical system repair, building and installation
- Experience with Tridium Software Suites (Tridium Niagra AX, Tridium Niagra N4) or similar platforms; certifications in Tridium Niagra AX or Tridium Niagra N4 are a plus
- EPA Certification for Freon-Section 608 or 609 required; Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) certification is a plus
- Prior electrical and mechanical repair and maintenance experience is highly desired
- Previous military experience is highly desired
- Willing and able to travel to different customer sites including some overnight travel
- Able to work either Central Florida or North Carolina areas
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-employment background check, driving record check, and drug screen
- COVID-19 vaccination required as condition of employment
The Ideal Profile
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision
- High level of personal accountability
- Highly motivated and self-driven
- Advanced time management skills