- The company is a mission-driven engineering company developing extreme environment autonomous systems based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- The company principals have developed many system engineering platforms for the Department of Defense (DoD) and commercial applications ranging from Beyond Visual Line of Sight (BVLOS) vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) drones, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UxVs), renewable energy systems, and innovative underwater data centers.
- Seeking a multi-faceted and passionate Embedded Systems Engineer to support development across multiple engineering domains including software, embedded electronics, power electronics, Radio Frequency (RF), and systems engineering.
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- 10 Days of Annual Paid Time Off, 10 Paid Holidays & 3 Sick Days
- Flex Time Arrangements
- Dog Friendly Work Environment
- Site Located near Marina with Access to Water Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Conduct research and development on state-of-the-art autonomous systems (drones).
- Develop and implement reliable, robust, high speed data movement across network links of varying capabilities.
- Provide full-spectrum Systems Engineering support to Open System Architectures.
- Leverage experience in multiple software packages.
- Architect, develop, and implement software for embedded Linux hardware.
- Support hardware development by utilizing proficiency across multiple engineering domains including software, embedded electronics, power electronics, RF, and systems engineering.
- Utilize Atlassian program management tools (Jira/Bitbucket/GitHub).
- Develop applications include device drivers, Linux kernel modules, network stack development, porting existing software to new embedded platforms, and other low-level programming activities.
- Integrate other systems, sensors, and components into autonomous systems.
- Assist in the review of existing electrical/mechanical/system standards for Open Architecture systems (i.e Ardupilot, PX4, MAVlink, CAN, Serial Interfaces, Multi-thread Software, etc.).
- Support internal and external engineering activities, including travel to test locations, and customer sites to directly supporting the testing, evaluation, and deployment.
- Write technical proposals and rapidly prototype and develop proof of concepts.
- Work closely with other engineers spanning multiple disciplines in a small, informal team environment.
- US Citizenship
- Active Secret Security Clearance a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field or equivalent experience
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering or a related field is highly preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of work/internship experience developing software for embedded Linux systems
- 3-5 years of experience developing software for embedded Linux systems strongly preferred
- Experience with C/C++, Java, and Python
- Experience with robotics competitions or hardware hands-on experience a must
- Ability to work onsite in the offices in Sausalito Shipyard
The Ideal Profile
- Possess aerial drone expertise
- Electrical Engineering/Computer Science (EE/CS) background
- Experience with Linux kernel and kernel module development and Linux driver development (wireless, network stack)
- Experience with UNIX shell scripting
- Military background using Tactical Data Links (etc ATAC integration experience with LINK-16 a bonus, SDRs- Persistent Systems, Silvus, Trellisware, SatCOM)
- Experience with software defined radios in military
- Networking experience (TCP/IP, Linux)
- Generalist or multi-disciplinary engineering background and openness to working on a variety of projects (e.g. electrical integration on a drone, developing a user interface)
- $100,000 – $185,000/Annual Base Commensurate on Experience