The leading specialist in Electronic Component Distribution has amazing opportunities for Electrical Engineers of all experience levels. If you are a passionate electrical or computer engineering professional with the hunger to learn and apply your knowledge, you might be the one we are looking for. Check out the full details below.
- The company recently celebrated it’s 50th anniversary as the world’s leading authorized distributor specialist offering passive, connector, electromechanical and discrete components.
- An extensive product line and supply chain solutions have made the company the distributor of choice for industrial, military, aerospace and consumer electronic manufacturers worldwide.
- Seeking driven and motivated Electrical Engineers to work closely with colleagues from other departments to define expectations of product functionality and ensure that the delivered product meets all aspects of the customer’s requested specifications.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Disability Income Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Product Discounts
- Contribute to the full design of the electronics in our power tools, lithium-ion battery packs, and battery chargers.
- Take ownership in the development of design input documents, design of circuit schematics and PCB layouts, component selection and generation of BOMs, ordering parts, assembling and testing prototypes, firmware development, firmware testing, bench testing, writing design and test specs, supporting design verification testing prior to production, communicating with and supporting mass production.
- Handle hands-on situations comfortably (e.g. PBCA rework, measurement equipment) and approach problems from a theoretical perspective (e.g. simulation and calculations).
- Apply strong time-management skills and a production-focused mindset.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent field required
- 1+ years of Electrical Engineering experience required (Co-ops and Internships included)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of C programming
- Able to solve fundamental Electrical Engineering design circuits with ease (Read schematics, Circuits 1,2 and Electronics 1,2)
- Comfortable and capable of explaining technical issues to technical and non-technical audiences in person and in writing
- Experience with SPICE modeling software such as LTSpice, Multisim, etc.
- Familiarity with common test and measurement equipment including oscilloscopes, multi-meter, power supplies, etc.
- Able to travel to Asia as necessary up to 5%
The Ideal Profile
- Experience with Power Electronics/Motor Control, li-ion battery management, or AC/DC DC/DC power conversion a big plus
- Familiarity with firmware development for 8-bit and 32-bit Atmel, TI, Microchip, NXP, ST Micro or any ARM micro-controller
- Proficiency with Printed Circuit Board (PCB) layout and development tools, (e.g., Eagle, OrCAD, Altium)
- Experience in soldering and prototyping SMT circuits
- Familiarity with UL, IEC, IEEE, or FCC standards for circuits, PCBs, and consumer electronics
- LabVIEW experience is a plus
- $70,000 – $120,000 – depending on experience