Currently seeking an Electrical Engineering professional to work with an innovative and evolving company that develops hybrid power systems designed to bring reliable and environmentally friendly power to areas where resources are scarce. If you are a seasoned Electrical Engineer with controls experience who thrives in a multi-faceted role, you might be the one we are looking for! Read the details below to learn more.
- The company provides power solutions presenting a cost-effective option that is less hostile to the environment and far more efficient to operate for any situation in which generators are considered the most viable energy sources, by using a combination of solar, wind, battery storage and DC generators, providing a reliable power source to even the most remote locations.
- The company offers equipment, instruments and controls automation design and consulting and their engineers develop state-of-the-art energy technologies in combination with custom-design and built shelter systems that meet their customer’s unique demands.
- Seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer – Controls to design, develop or supervise the installation of electrical equipment, components, or systems for pre-packaged turn-key power solutions and shelters.
- 401(k) with Company Match (100% up to 4%)
- Paid Time Off
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Design, implement, and improve electrical facilities and systems for commercial, industrial, and utility purposes.
- Direct and coordinate construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish constructions and installation standards and specifications.
- Plan and implement methodologies and procedures to apply principles of electrical theory to engineering projects.
- Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment and/or the solicitations of labor.
- Confer with engineers, customers, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects and products.
- Supervise and train project team members as necessary.
- Oversee project construction efforts to assure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time and within budget.
- Prepare and study technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems, and topographical maps to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
- Compile data and write report regarding existing and potential engineering studies and projects.
- Conduct field surveys and study maps, graph, diagrams, and other data to identify and correct power system problems.
- Maintain a high level of integrity and discipline with a strong work ethic.
- Investigate customer complaints, determine the nature and extent of problems, and recommend remedial measures.
- Perform engineering work associated with the addition or removal of communications power equipment (e.g. rectifiers, batteries, UPS systems); running, lacing and terminating power and ground cable; alarm wiring and connections; and construction of cable racking infrastructure and mounting bays.
- Follow industry and customer standards relative to ampacity, grounding, cable sizing, etc.
- Prepare and submit Methods of Procedure (MOPs).
- Promote a safe working environment by following all safety guidelines.
The Background Profile
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering required
- Minimum 5 years of professional relevant experience in electrical engineering and controls
- Extensive understanding of communications power procedures and experience with batteries and DC power systems
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word & Excel)
- Familiarity with codes and standards including National Electric Codes (NEC)
- Demonstrated ability to perform walk-throughs and create project estimates, material lists, and design detailed engineering packages
- Experience in the construction and commissioning of electric power projects
- Technology experience in storage, solar, wind, gas, etc.
- Ability to interface with customer and field representatives to monitor all installation requirements
- Professional interest in energy technologies and battery energy storage
- Able to be flexible, project-oriented and passionate about the work
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to be a fast learner across multiple disciplines
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-employment background check, driving record check, and drug screen
- COVID-19 vaccination required as condition of employment
- $70,000 – $100,000/Year Commensurate Based on Experience