- The company is a global aerospace and defense corporation providing advanced products and service solutions to government customers worldwide.
- The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains.
- Seeking an experienced and driven Army Business Development Principal to identify new business opportunities and development within the Army through new market identification, new partnerships, and by means to better meet the needs of existing customers.
- Competitive Salary & Generous Bonus Structure
- Multiple Medical Insurance Plan Options (High-Deductible & Traditional PPO Plans), Dental, Vision and Supplemental Health Benefits from Day 1
- Eligibility for Additional Voluntary Benefits including Prepaid Legal, Home & Auto Insurance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection
- Short-Term Disability & Ability to Purchase Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Unlimited PTO (within reason)
- Summer Hours from July-August
- 401(k) Plan with 6% Company Match (starting at one year of employment and fully vested after 4 years of service)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Paid Absence for Military Duty, Jury Duty, Illness & Bereavement
- Paid Parental Leave (for all new parents following the birth or adoption of a child)
- Dress for your Day Flexibility
- Relocation Assistance Considered
- Report to the Director of the Army Sales Team and identify, plan and execute campaign strategies to create a permissive environment for the capture of Army business.
- Support the segment’s strategic growth planning (SGP) and annual operating plan (AOP) processes.
- Participate in the annual account planning process with core Army account managers and technical sales professionals.
- Develop and present executive level briefings and presentations on business cases that support growth in existing and new markets.
- Work closely with sales, business development, program management, product line management, engineering and other core functional leaders across the segment and corporate organizational structure.
- Provide accurate and timely tracking of business opportunities and customer contacts via customer relationship management (CRM) software.
- Understand soldier systems with strong understanding of associated requirements.
- Understand manned and unmanned requirements with a strong understanding of requirements.
- US Citizenship
- Active Secret Security Clearance, TS/SCI preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Relevant Field; MBA highly preferred
- Minimum of 12 years of prior related experience or Graduate degree with a minimum of 10 years of prior related experience
- Army operational experience
- Experience developing new business opportunities with the Department of Defense (DoD)
- Experience working with DoD prime system contractors/integrators
- Strong communication, presentation, negotiation, collaboration and cross functional leadership skills
- Ability to travel up to 25%
The Ideal Profile
- Proven capture management success
- Winning competitive proposals and Order to Acceptance (OTAs)
- Army operational experience and Tactical Communications or C4ISR experience/knowledge
- Experience with the Army’s Integrated Tactical Network (ITN) and Capability Set strategy, JADC2, Project Convergence
- Aberdeen Proving Grounds knowledge and experience
- C5ISR Center knowledge and experience
- Network-CFT knowledge and experience
- Former Officer or Chief Warrant preferred
- Ability to get the work done with minimal oversight